Hallo! My name is Darnielle Sarjant. I am an unapologetic Millennial who has been terminally online since the ’90s. Welcome to my personal blog. This is where I write about things that matter to me.
- I have been chronically ill since 2006 and was late-diagnosed with ADHD in 2022.
- This lead me to create Brokedown Body, Moshpit Mind, to provide others like me with information and peer support.
- I emigrated from New Zealand to the Netherlands in 2016.
- I am graduate of the social sciences. My specific areas of interest are abnormal, criminal, developmental and health psychology; criminology, and adult education.
- I am married to a man named Sam, and I’m a mother to two dogs named Moose and 🦌 Caribou.
- I am not ~traditionally~ artsy, but I express my creativity through web & graphic design, writing, and making notebooks & planners.
- I consume a pretty hefty amount of media. I tend to hyperfixate on music & video games, but I also enjoy TV, movies, documentaries & YouTube, podcasts, and the occasional book.
- I am on a constant journey to better myself, both in body and mind, and I love sharing what I learn.
- I used to think I was a weird neurotypical person, but as it turns out, I’m actually a pretty normal neurodivergent person. I live life to the beat of my own drum (and the speed of my own brain).
- I blogging. No matter how many times I’ve thought about giving up on it, I always come back!
- I was once a big fan of centralised social media as a way to meet and interact with people, but it has devolved into one big dumpster fire as of late. So, the only social media service I currently use is Mastodon. Follow me over there if you like!
- I have big feelings and become easily obsessed with things. These are the current topics you’ll hear me talk about a lot: disability & health, the pandemic, climate change, LGBTQ+ rights, politics, nostalgia, Sumo Cyco, and Electric Callboy.
For (a lot) more: check out DARNIELLE.me. It’s my extremely self-involved tribute to the “old web”, where I also write a journal.
If you’d like to contact me for any reason, my email address is i.amdarniellesarjant.com.